Thursday, January 21, 2010

Things that make me smile

A guy walking his walk with his head phones in singing and slightly swaying to himself. At that brief moment he was happy. At that brief moment I was happy too.

Someone smiling to themselves or better yet literally laughing out loud. Smiling and laughing really are contagious. Spread the word, or smile.

A truly unique style. I saw a woman wearing a bohemian skirt with pants underneath and leg warmers on top and tennis shoes. She's got style. haha

City and Colour, a band.

Bon Iver, another band.

Guster, the BEST band.

A couple in obvious, newly discovered love. I LOVE love.

A couple that has been in love for 50 years. When I see a wrinkly, grey grandpa and his wife walking on the side walk with their hands clasped tight, still laughing at each others jokes, it makes me whole week.

Friends. Friends really are family you choose for yourself. I don't know what I would do without the constant shoulder to cry on and the things my greatest friends do to make me laugh.

A stranger's hello. No one says hello or waves anymore like in those old 1950's movies except for my family. I guess we really are old fashion. But it isn't so bad in black and white is it?

Slipping, falling, PLUMMETING, laughing. Tis the season for the occasional bump on the head and bruise on the butt. It hurts but its funny.

Discovery, adventure. Trying something new every day. Like a midnight bike ride.

An unexpected hug. Wearing a shirt that says "Free hugs" is fun and everything but wouldn't you rather have a hug that was completely unexpected and not for the reason of putting a "kick me" sticker on someones back?

P eople. People make me laugh. I consider myself very independent. I can live on my own, take care of myself, I don't need anybody. But in this sense, I am dependent. I feed off other's energy, foolishness, happiness, sadness, anger, etc. People are wonderful. Look around. Notice all kinds of different people, uniquely sculpted and constructed. People make me smile, everyday. :)

No comments: