Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cold Runnings

I went running today.
Not a good idea.
Why on Earth would I decide to go running when it's 10 degrees outside without any gloves?
I will tell you why.

Despite the fact that I haven't had any real exercise for over three weeks and I am sure my esophagus is frozen from intensely breathing through my mouth, which is my fault for being a stubborn mouth breather opposed to the recommended nose inhalation, running is good for you.

Who decided that!? My back hurts, my hands are dry, my knees hurt, my hair is a mess, my ankles hurt, my eyes are dry, my shins hurt, my lips are dry... and so on. The only thing that doesn't exude pain are my eye lashes, that is, of course, because they can't feel pain. Lucky ducks.

After exerting myself, I dread what came next. I ate. Well, running makes me hungry! No surprise there, everything makes me hungry but the fact that I ran to burn off all the junk I ate last night, todays' binge completely overwrites any efforts to erase my guilty pleasures.

So what is the point!? To live longer you say? Well, I hate to break it to you but we are all going to die anyway. As for losing weight to look "hot" to the opposing sex, if you don't like me for my curvaceous body type, which was very popular before "high fashion" came along mind you, I don't really care.

So, I have come to the conclusion that there aren't that many physical benefits but I have a few personal benefits.

1. I got to listen to my NEW Ipod
2. I got out of the house
3. I watched the sunset
a. Utah is entirely surrounded by mountains and the wests' natural towers were disappearing with the sun, due to fog. It looked like someone had taken an eraser and smudged God's painting. Only the very top could be seen, the sharp points of the mountains and only because the sun was it's back light, providing a pinkish tint. Breath taking.
4. I felt FAST!
5. I got to say I ran for whatever the distance of 7000 steps is, thanks to my pedometer on my NEW Ipod.

It started and ended with the Ipod. You can see where my priorities are. Forget weight-loss new years resolutions. Who keeps those anyway?


No comments: