Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Running Man

People always say that College is the time of your life. I couldn't agree more. Every day is a different adventure from living off canned soup and cereal to people watching on campus. One of my favorite people watching moments is what I like to call "The Running Man."

A man that looks slightly too old to be at the average age of a college student and that looks slightly bald... ok REALLY bald, runs, with his shirt off. He runs around campus with nothing but his sneakers and shorts. He is physically fit so it isn't disturbing to look at other than the fact he sweats more in 5 minutes than I do in 5 years. He looks almost as if he is sparkling in the sun like... EDWARD! ha! But old and aging. Anyway... This man runs around the heart of campus, climbs three steps up to one of the student "hang-outs," the water fountain, stops, turns around and, I kid you not, cheers. His arms are thrown in the air with exasperation but also with exhaustion. He then looks towards the sky and shouts, "Yes... Yes... YES!!" Without a rest he drops into "downward facing dog," almost, and knocks out some push-ups. Five, ten, TWENTY!

Baldy jumps up and does it all again, ending each set with "YES!!"

This is within the norm of some of the things I see on a regular basis. Some people have noticed others are too busy to drop everything and watch.

Maybe I do it too much but I always find time to sit and people watch. Truth is stranger than fiction and people watching is the epitome of strange.

No comments: